Free School Meals
FREE SCHOOL MEALS (FSM)
If you receive any of the following support payments your child may be entitled to receive free school meals:
* Income Support
* Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
* Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
* Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
* the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
* Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
* Working Tax Credit run-on; paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
* Children who receive a qualifying benefit in their own right are also allowed to receive free school meals.
FSM is completely anonymous– due to the cashless catering system, no other student or member of staff will be aware of the FSM allocation.
No one will know you have registered and it will not affect
any other benefits you are claiming
If you think your child is entitled to FSM, you will need to apply online using the academies web-checking service. You will need to provide your name, National Insurance number and address details. You will need to apply separately for every child in your household. This service gives an instant response to your child’s eligibility.
Please use the link below:
If you do not have access to a computer, please complete and return the form below providing your consent for the academy to check your eligibility.