Inclusion at Plume Academy
Our core Inclusion principle and approach is to ensure Inclusion at all levels within the Academy.
At Plume, Maldon’s Community Academy, we believe in providing every child with the opportunity to experience an outstanding education, both academically, emotionally and socially. We are fully convinced that by rigorously identifying the barriers to learning, providing an inspiring and relevant curriculum that considers the child from a holistic vantage point and providing the necessary support for children to achieve and develop, all children will reach their full potential.
Our intent to support all academy stakeholders to broaden their knowledge and practice thus enabling them to develop their characters further include:
· Fully discovering their interests and talents
· Developing resilience, confidence and independence and help them know how to keep and maintain good physical and mental health
· Equipping them to be responsible, respectful, active citizens who contribute positively to modern British society
· Preparing students for life in modern Britain by developing their understanding of fundamental British values; and
· Developing their understanding and appreciation of diversity − celebrating what we have in common and promoting respect for the different protected characteristics as defined in law.
Please visit our website for our policies and procedures - Inclusion Policy, SEND Policy, Accessibility Policy, Equality Policy, Behaviour Policy, CIAG Policy, LGBT Policy that outline our specific objectives and outcomes in these areas.